When people mention the word blog, most associate it with online diaries, where people would provide personal accounts of their lives. This has since changed. As a PR & Marketing agency, we’ve seen a dramatic increase in brands utilising blogs to build their online presence.
Ever since COVID hit, people are placing more trust with the internet, so now is the time to up your digital presence and start blog writing. Because, really, it’s not hard!
Blog marketing is the process of reaching your home business’ target market through the use of a blog. Initially, business owners had a blog separate from their websites, but today, you can easily integrate the two to make it easier for you to manage, as well as easier for visitors to access. Looking for more reason to start writing? We’ve pulled together our top 5 reasons!
- Inexpensive to Start and Run: If you’ve already got a business website, you’re more than halfway there! Most blogging platforms are simple to use. If you can copy, paste, type, drag and drop, and upload, you can have a professional-looking blog.
- Builds Website Traffic: Offering tips, updates, and other new content gives people a reason to come, read, engage and return to your business website! Ultimately providing them with the opportunity to buy, sign up or get in contact with your team.
- Improves Search Engine Ranking: Google, in particular, likes to find and rank new content. For that reason, many entrepreneurs use blogging specifically for search engine optimization (SEO). If you ask anyone, even ‘boomers’ these days, the question how do you find the best café in Melbourne? Or the best PR & Marketing agency in Melbourne? Or (with tax time just around the corner) the best accountant in your area? Most will answer ‘Google it’.
- Allows You to Gain Trust and Credibility: People like to know who they’re doing business with. With a blog, you can prove you’re an expert and provide helpful tips and other valuable information—all of which help consumers feel good about spending money on your product or service.
- Engages Your Market: While most businesses now use Twitter and other social platforms more than blogs for engagement, blogs can allow you to have a conversation with your market. This gives you the opportunity to build trust and rapport, as well as get feedback and provide customer service. It’s also very easy to integrate social media into your blogs, meaning that you can incorporate this into your social media schedule so your followers can get the low down on your blog posts also!
Although there is so many positives, one thing about blog writing is that it can be very time-consuming. And, for those with busy schedules may find it difficult to take time to write, be creative and generate new ideas. We can help there! If you’re looking to up your digital presence, but don’t know where to start – drop us a line at firstname.lastname@example.org
Written by Chloe O’Donahoo, PR & Communications Assistant