Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is an absolute must if you’re looking to kick some serious marketing butt. In fact, SEO is currently ranked the top marketing strategy across the entire globe. As e-commerce becomes a focus for even more businesses during coronavirus, SEO has never been so important.
Did you know that page one of Google search captures 95% of all traffic? So, it’s a no brainer that we all want our businesses sitting pretty on numero uno. But the question we often get asked is ‘how the hell do we get there?’
Google ranks your website on two things, relevance and authority. Today I’m going to be diving into how to build authority in seven, not so easy steps.
- First Impressions – Make it too good to resist! We’re talking clear navigation, a beautiful design, great UX and clear CTAs. People need to know what you’re offering when they come to your site, if they don’t, they’ll leave. The higher the bounce rate, the lower your Google rating. You do the math!
- SSL Certificate – If your website URL starts with http:// rather than https:// your website isn’t secure. Increase your customer confidence and boost your Google ranking with a must-have SSL Certificate.
- Be a Speedy Gonzalez – Ideally your load time should be 3 seconds or less. A one second delay in page response can result in a 7% reduction in conversions. Yikes!
- Responsive – 75% of website traffic is via mobile phones. If your website isn’t responsive on a mobile, consumers won’t want a bar of your website. This will result in higher bounce rates, and therefore lower rankings.
- Fix Broken Links – Broken links act as dead-ends for the search engine and visitors. Too many broken links will have a negative impact on your SEO.
- Site Map – You need to have a site map built into your backend to help Google navigate your website. Don’t have one? Ask your developer!
- Link Building – Whatever you do, do not use link farms. There are no shortcuts when it comes to this. Link building is often time consuming, but that’s where the PR and marketing specialists at Modern Currency can help out. Think of your website like a town on a road map, the more roads that lead to your town, the more frequent the visitors [Google] will be. The more time Google visits your website and scans for positive results, the higher your SEO rating.
Our PR & marketing strategies have backlink acquisition at the front of mind. If you’re looking to improve your website’s SEO, we’d love to put our hands up. Contact email@example.com to get in touch.
Article written by Senior Marketing & Comms Lead, Nicole Maycroft.